This 3 day Flying Masai Mara Safari is ideal for those who want to visit the Masai Mara but wish to avoid the 5 to 6 hour road trip from Nairobi to get there. Instead you take a short 1 hour flight from Nairobi to Masai Mara and on arrival you’ll be met by your Driver-Guide to begin your Safari.
Fly back to Nairobi after spending 2 nights / 3 days in Masai Mara.
- Visit Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya.
- View the magnificent wildlife of Masai Mara along with stunning landscapes.
- Embark on 04 Safari gamedrives provided by the Safari Lodge’s 4x4 Vehicle and their expert Driver-Guides.
- All Ground transfers are included, such as airport transfers in Nairobi and Masai Mara.
- Optional of adding activities such as visiting a traditional Maasai Village or booking a Hot Air Balloon flight [ optional activities are at additional cost ].
We will collect you from your hotel or the International airport [ JKIA] and transfer you to the domestic , Wilson airport. There is a 1 hour reporting time. Your Flight Baggage is strictly limited to 15 kilograms. Board your flight to Masai Mara – flying time approx 1 hour:
Upon arrival you will be received and transferred from the airstrip to your overnight Lodge / Camp by the Lodge’s Driver guide in a 4x4 safari vehicle.
Your Lodge is a acclaimed, luxury property which offers beautiful views of the Mara reserve.
Proceed for lunch [ in case of a morning flight arrival] and enjoy some leisure time at the lodge. Proceed for a Safari Gamedrive late afternoon [typically 3.30pm] during which you explore the surrounding parts of the Mara and see its amazing wildlife. (The safari vehicle may carry other guests from the lodge).
Return to the lodge by evening [ typically 6 to 6.30 pm] in time for dinner.
Overnight stay at Mara Serena Lodge:
Today you have an early rise for your estimated 6.15am Safari game drive during which you will see more of the Mara’s great wildlife. Early morning, and late afternoon are considered the best times to spot animals at their most active.
Return to the Lodge for a relaxed breakfast – rest of the morning at leisure. The lodge has a swimming pool but also offers a variety of add-on activities, everything from nature walks to a Maasai Village visit.
After the sumptuous lunch, take a mid afternoon safari game drive to further explore the reserve. Return to the Lodge by evening [ typically 6pm] in time for a relaxed evening which may be enlivened by entertainment provided by the lodge, followed by dinner.
Overnight stay at Mara Serena Lodge:
Enjoy an early morning game drive before breakfast. Return to the lodge in time for a quick breakfast. Proceed to check out. You now bid Farewell to Masai Mara as you will be transferred to the nearby airstrip for your return flight to Nairobi [ flying time approx 1 hour].
Upon arrival in Nairobi, we’ll have our Driver-guide waiting for you at the Wilson Airport for onward transfer to your hotel or to the International airport.
There are 2 sets of flights to Masai Mara – the morning [ AM] flight departs Nairobi between 9am to 10am [ depending on carrier] and the afternoon flight departs approx 3pm from Nairobi. The planes turn right back shortly after getting to Masai Mara.
Keep in mind you must be at Wilson airport at least 45 minutes prior your flight departure – also allow for typically 1 hour transfer time from the International airport / City Hotel to Wilson airport.
Flight Baggage Limit: 15 kgs per person :
These will be non-exclusive, meaning other guests from the lodge may also be in the Safari vehicle during the gamedrive.
Day 1 : Mara Serena Lodge
Day 2 : Mara Serena Lodge
|Travel Dates||Per Person Sharing (US $)|
|03 Jan - 31 Mar 2018||990|
|01 Apr - 31 May 2018||930|
|1 Jun - 30 Jun 18||990|
|01 July - 31 Oct 17||1175|
|01 Nov - 20 Dec 17||970|
Tour Price Includes:
- Accommodation as specified in the itinerary on Full Board basis in the lodges (Meals Included)
- Return Flights Nairobi - Masai Mara - Nairobi, including all taxes.
- 04 Safari Game drives in Masai Mara provided by the Lodge in their 4x4 Vehicles.
- Services of a Professional English-speaking Driver~guide during the game drives.
- Complimentary Hippo Pool Breakfast at the Lodge.
- 02 Airstrip transfers in Masai Mara.
- 02 Transfers in Nairobi ex Wilson airport.
Tour Price Excludes:
- International flight tickets and visa costs.
- Masai Mara Entry Fee of USD 140 for 02 nights,payable upon Check-In
- Tips, drinks, laundry, calls, and all such costs of a personal nature.
- Credit Card Surcharge of 4% or Bank Transfer Fees of USD 30.
NOTE: Flight Baggage Limit is 15 kgs per person.
To Enquire about this Safari, tell us How many you are [ Adults / Children], required Room Plan, and your Dates of Travel - we shall reply promptly, usually before 12 hours: In case of Children please state the age at the time of Travel: